New version 0.0.3 is up! <https://github.com/Souk21/TW-commandpalette>

*New:*

   - The palette now opens with you current text selection by default (this
   can be disabled with the setting 'Use selection as search query'). There's
   also a new keyboard shortcut in the Control Panel that bypasses this
   setting and always open the palette with the selection. So you can use both
   the 'never-selection' and the 'always-selection' with a different shortcut
   if you like.
   - Pressing escape now goes back to previous state if possible (setting
   'Escape to go back')
   - New setting to show/hide the history on empty search ('Show history on
   open'), also added a 'Show history' command to still be able to access the
   history

*Changes:*

   - Improved settings loading/parsing
   - Improved 'Welcome' tiddler on demo page to better reflect the
   different features
   - Changed 'Max hint size' setting name to 'Field preview max size'

*Bugs:*

   - Fixed bug with tag search

@Adam S. Thanks for the kind words, it means a lot! Sorry for the bug, it's
fixed now :)

@TiddlyTweeter I'm sorry I forgot to answer to your thoughts about
security. But you're definitely right! It's as dangerous as any other
plugin. Thanks for the input!

@TiddlyTweeter @Adam S. I tried to make the 'Welcome' tiddler on the demo
page more explicit about the different functions, I'd love to have your
feedback on it !

@SteWilson I'm sorry, I didn't get the time to work on mobile yet. I think
I'm gonna wait for the plugin to be a bit more mature before considering
adding mobile support

@TW Tones Thanks for the feedback, I added your idea of a 'show history'
setting for when you need to stay focus on what you're doing
I also implemented the 'escape goes back' behavior. I tried to cover all
cases, tell me if I missed some :)
Opening with selection was a great idea as well. It composes well with
existing keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+shift+p opens with '>yourSelection' as a
command)
It's gonna be easy to create a shortcut to open all tiddlers tagged with
current selection for example (@yourSelection)

I was looking for {{$:/HistoryList!!current-tiddler}} ! Thank you haha
In that regard, I've indeed been quite conservative with how selecting a
tiddler to act on works. Actually, it's the only place where the first
result is not automatically selected.
I did that to avoid a user double-pressing enter by mistake and doing
something to the wrong tiddler.
I do think the plugin needs a better way to handle acting on the current
tiddler, and I like the idea of another shortcut.
Keeping in mind it could be good to avoid having to many different keyboard
shortcuts
So yeah, definitely something important to tackle, but I'm not really sure
in what form yet.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated :)

What if we could program keyboard shortcuts to the "command"  first letters
> eg ctrl-. (Unsifted >) becomes = "ctrl=P >"

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean having a keyboard shortcut to open
the palette with a '@' for example?