VERY interesting post.

TW is well suited for it with a bit of tweaking ...

Much of the issue is how you have your OS setup??? I do screen capture vis
OS on Android, Chromebook and PC desktop no problem.
And then import.

WHERE TW gets interesting to me in the OP is engaging PEN input into the
editor or into image tiddlers after capture.
ALL I do is scale the box full screen --- as for pen accuracy, you need a
decent sized canvas.

Ask if you want particulars.

Best
TT