> I'm interested in using TW5 for my daily note taking. I very often takes
notes with images. Sometimes the image is the only note.

Addressing this specific bit, i.e taking notes by mixing text and,
presumably, "scribbled images" I would say TW is not ideal. I really wish
it were, and I'll outline an idea below. Now, there *is* a built-in tool
for drawing but it is somewhat crude and the tiddler is then of a special
type, so it has to be a separate image i.e not the same as the one you type
in. So it is not like scribbling notes with paper+pen. Out of curiosity;
how would you actually draw the images as you take notes? Do you have
special hardware? Because a regular laptop or mobile device is of course
not ideal for the precision that arbitrary drawings usually need.

With that said, here's a hypothetical solution. Some years back, I made an
experiment with overlaying/drawing on top of images
<http://overlay.tiddlyspot.com/> in TW which has similarities to the
following:

Fellow *tiddleur* Saq recently created Streams. It lets you create multiple
tiddlers from the current one in a very seamless way, so that the created
content is transcluded into the current one. So you don't leave the current
tiddler. I would think Streams can be tweaked so that the use can select
tiddler type for the note so to intersperse notes and drawings (and other
content). If one wants overlapping content, as opposed to distinct
subsequent sections of texts and notes, then I would also think that the
display of the transclusions could be *styled to overlap* (and top one has
a transparent background) so that you could, for example, encircle a word
or draw an arrow from mid sentence to point to a subsequent image (that is
not overlapping), etc. AFAICT this is doable and least in theory.

<:-)