Can't say much as to how this works technically, but as a naive user of
both Imgur and TWOF, i can affirm that:

   1. I use Imgur both on web *and* mobile, to read and post both public
   *and* hidden images and albums, and the authentication is perfectly
   seamless; enter id & pwd once, and it will remember your codes as long as
   you like (maybe there's a default logout, but i'm in often enough, it seems
   never have to re-authenticate). Can't speak to the Android issue that @Mark
   raised, but the iOS app works great for me.
   2. As for TiddlyWiki-On-Fission: this too seemed a perfectly seamless
   experience, when i set up this instance
   <https://walt.files.fission.name/p/TiddlyFission.html> back in March;
   haven't done much with it since then, as it still carries the
   not-ready-for-production-use disclaimer, but even now... The way this tech
   connects your browser's localStorage to the IPFS cloud in such a way that
   you can totally forget about where the files reside just feels to like
   magic of the right kind.  Like: this is the way it *should* work,
   everywhere.

Yet, there being "no free lunch," i guess there's gotta be a host in there
somewhere -and so, w/r/t/ images at least, in terms of both technical and
end-user values, TWOF & Imgur look to me like being pretty well-aligned.
 By far the lion's share of image-enhanced tiddlers i have created are
pulling from Imgur-hosted links already, so if i could upload and/or
download to&from there from within TW itself, that would be awesome!

Is this consistent w/ the vision for TW-on-Fission, i wonder?

/walt