i don't use this myself but it is possible on ios using quine2 (may require
the "scriptable" app)

one caveat is i can't get the image to show changes straight away in
tiddlywiki without saving/reloading the file in quine2. maybe someone has
an appropriate suggestion? i tried soren's link in a recent discussion for
refresh but didn't try eric's solution in the same thread

ok, so how it works:

you can make a tiddlywiki macro to insert the following based on the file
location of the photo (or use a pythonista script etc., you can use
anything that's appropriate e.g. gladys or another clipboard manager on ios)

show photo using (this is a relative path on the ios filesysten, relative
to the open tiddlywiki) :

[img[photo/20181028 maki know abcd 2.jpg]]

link to edit this photo (assuming it lives in iCloud, using full path):

[ext[shareddocuments:///private/var/mobile/Library/Mobile%20Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/books/00045/20201205makiaea-anwiki/photo/20181028%20maki%20know%20abcd%202.jpg]]

(opens in ios using files, can use apple pencil but only additively,
remember to save using "done", note the conversion of spaces, which is why
i would use pythonista as i know how to work the conversion, you could also
use shortcuts as in the macstories source linked below, or just manually
replace the spaces to start with, which is what i did for this example)

again, note that i had to save and reload tiddlywiki in my setup (quine2)
after editing the photo to show the updated photo within tiddlywiki, if you
have a different setup ymmv.

warmest wishes, maki

source:
https://www.macstories.net/ios/fs-bookmarks-a-shortcut-to-reopen-files-and-folders-directly-in-the-files-app/

the shiraz plugin has some nice macros to format images