On Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 5:39:58 PM UTC+1 Mark S. wrote:

> ...Does the imgur app allow you to take pictures?

Yessir: you click the '+' button at top of screen, select your preferred
upload option -from camera (button takes you there), else from your Imgur
library or system file-picker- and then you select either "Public" or
"Hidden" and upload. Easy as falling off a log!  /w

> The only imgur-sponsored app I could find on playstore promised "Imgur:
> Find funny GIFs, memes & watch viral videos". That's not my interest.

Not mine neither! But that is indeed how the app is described and marketed,
and that's how they make their money.  In this attention (i.e. ad-funded)
economy, there is apparently a very significant market of people who spend
significant time watching "funny GIFs, memes & viral videos," and that's
what pays the freight on this image hosting.  /w

> Maybe the app does more, but it needs to say so in the description. It
> goes on for four paragraphs about all the material you'll see. A comment in
> the reviews says that the ability to post has been broken for a year.

Hm -dunno about that comment, but the Imgur-licensed app for iOS does
exactly what we're talking about here seamlessly, although you do have to
ignore all the other crap on the home screen, which is targeted to their
mainstream user base, NOT the niche that you and i represent, Mark. We're
definitely not alone in this -Imgur has been for a good few years already
the goto app for many DIY Maker-types that have a story to tell via series
of annotated images (for example check out the Reddit boards that are that
way inclined)- but this is not the user base that Imgur gets paid to
attract, i suppose, so i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to change
their positioning in App Store or Google Play.  /w

> Yes, I'm sure you can use the web based imgur to copy addresses and then
> copy/paste them into a TW. But it's a several step process and definitely
> not convenient on a small screen.
>

> The ideal solution would allow you to take an imported image in TW and
> directly post it to your own imgur account, and then create the
> corresponding image tiddler.

So long as the .html file (presuming a single-file wiki) need never embed
an image file, but is instead just rendering it from online storage (and/or
from browser localStorage, in the TWOF scenario?), that is the magic that
needs enabling here, seems to me.

/walt