On Jan 30, 11:13 am, hpon <peter.norli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In what sense is the core too big?
It simply is file size.

> I think that mathematical notation should be regarded as an elimentary
> feature, since the purpose of TW (in my view) is to present and manage
> information in an effective way.  That purpose cannot be generally
> fullfilled without a proper support for math notation.  Plus, society
> as we know it would collaps if people don't communicate and reson in
> mathematical terms.
Your are right. This conversation wouldn't be possible without
mathematics.

> I cannot see why intrensic math support would be a problem for any
> user. ...
hmm, If I don't need it, why should I carry it around ;)

> ... Perhaps you could expand a little on why embracing math
> notation functionality would be harmful.
It would not be harmful at all.  It's not the notation, it's the
implementation.

Let's say one is using jsMath for a long time allready. One would want
to have it included into the core.
Others may prefer MathJax. I personally would like to see mathquill
[1] included ....

For me the plugin solution wins. Everyone gets what s/he wants.

====
There has been a post lately about LaTeX support [2]. May be the links
I posted, contain some hints, to get the plugins working.

-m

[1] https://github.com/laughinghan/mathquill
[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/61d33032dd0f21d2/15692cbab495b37d