On Sunday, February 5, 2012 4:46:19 AM UTC+7, Yakov wrote:

> Do you mean that the server would be needed once -- to generate those
> html files so that one can publish them in a DropBox, -- or rather
> during the process of browsing? What's the role of the server?

Not speaking for Jeremy of course, but I would expect all the core
functionality to be enabled *not* requiring *any* "server" in the sense of
a process with a separate IP address. If a "server process" is made part of
core, then I would hope that it could be run on the same machine, so that
TW will fully function on a standalone, disconnected PC.

> <<<
> Using a tag for each "real data" TW file, I "pulled" the updated into
> each
> one, using Eric's importer based on that tag.
>
> I reckon such an approach would be relatively easy to support and
> automate,
> if not in core, then perhaps by a "plugin manager" plugin.
> <<<
>
> this is rather unclear for me. Why did you need some tag if the
> central repository contains only things to load anyway?

I had a designated tag for each "template" - for example I used one
variation on "Executive" for journaling, another to organize "books", they
had a lot of plugins in common but not all. From each TW I "pulled" any
changed plugins that were tagged in the plugin repository TW with that TW's
tag. Some tags only applied to one TW instance, others to a whole set of
TWs that were identical from a design-functional POV - in every way except
content tiddlers.

 http://www.tiddlytools.com/#ImportTiddlersPluginInfo

> (and is it possible to set the thing so that certain TWs wouldn't import,
> for instance, formulae-generating plugin?)

Just set up your repo's tags so that you can include/exclude them when
importing - you can even use boolean expressions via
http://www.tiddlytools.com/#MatchTagsPluginInfo

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/1ioADnOrQQ4/discussion