I don't know if this has been mentioned, but since you have the tiddler
toolbar displayed vertically and off to the right side of the tiddlers, I
would suggest that the close tiddler button be at the top, above the other
three tiddler toolbar buttons, for two reasons:

1. Of the four main tiddler toolbar buttons, it is the one with the action
that will be executed most frequently. So it should be given the location
that is most natural and doesn't force the user to visually scan to find
it. The eye most naturally goes to the top right and from there scans
downward.

2. Having it at the top also means it will be pretty much exactly where it
is in the normal tiddler layout. So that is an added benefit. The most used
button is in its place, and only the lesser used functions are out of their
normal places.

I don't have any opinions about the order of the other buttons.

Dave

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/e5a6f2fa-35c9-4e54-bfce-42a8e4506e95%40googlegroups.com.