> BurningTreeC wrote:
>>>

>>> what do you think about mobile view?
>>>
>>>    - how could/should the interface be
>>>
>>> @TiddlyTweeter:

> IMO better you don't see any menus till you need them
>>

> Have you seen the new sidebar in new window? there's a currently
> nasty-named tab where you can edit tiddlers that are present in the story
> directly in that window.

I looked at QUICKIES. Its a neat system for editing shorter posts ad hoc.
Definitely a plus in some use cases. Not so sure on the transparency of the
editor. If you not familiar with TW that might be a bit disorientating.

> Would that be something for mobile view, too?

I think with the right design concept it could BE THE access route to the
editor INCLUDING new Tiddler authoring. Especially on mobiles!

>>    - where to put the sidebar
>>
>> One thought. A drop down at TOP when you hover into a few pixel high
> minimal line at screen top?
>

> Yes, another way to do it. how do you hover with your fingers? something
> like a slide-down thing?

YES.

> Right now on smartphones in portrait mode the sidebar should be shown at
> the top, like a dropdown. I'm thinking about making the sidebar a popup
> that closes if you click outside.

That could work too. The issue is visual semantics, I think. Pop-ups
usually relate to some content popped from. But no reason to slavishly
follow that. But maybe a full screen would do as well with an auto-close on
action? Just thoughts.

Best wishes
Josiah

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/2bc1d607-b422-4061-96b6-90ccb8daa8d1%40googlegroups.com.