Am Dienstag, 2. Januar 2018 15:17:45 UTC+1 schrieb @TiddlyTweeter:

>> IMO better you don't see any menus till you need them
>>>

>> Have you seen the new sidebar in new window? there's a currently
>> nasty-named tab where you can edit tiddlers that are present in the story
>> directly in that window.
>>

> I looked at QUICKIES. Its a neat system for editing shorter posts ad hoc.
> Definitely a plus in some use cases. Not so sure on the transparency of the
> editor. If you not familiar with TW that might be a bit disorientating.

there's a button to change the transparency - you can set no transparency.
it just has a nice effect when dragging and let's you keep an overview of
what's below when you open the sidebar. But as standard setting, I also
think no transparency is best. The button I'm talking about is not in the
plugin but on the site under community additions (last tiddler in river I
think)

>> Would that be something for mobile view, too?
>>

> I think with the right design concept it could BE THE access route to the
> editor INCLUDING new Tiddler authoring. Especially on mobiles!

I love this sidebar in a window. I'm trying to figure out if we can switch
back with a button.

>>>    - where to put the sidebar
>>>
>>> One thought. A drop down at TOP when you hover into a few pixel high
>> minimal line at screen top?
>>

>> Yes, another way to do it. how do you hover with your fingers? something
>> like a slide-down thing?
>>

> YES.

yeah, swipe-recognition ... tried it once and gave up soon because other
things were more important. at a later point I could see what I can do.
Before this, I want to clean up the code and get other things done, so this
is a when-it's done feature.

>> Right now on smartphones in portrait mode the sidebar should be shown at
>> the top, like a dropdown. I'm thinking about making the sidebar a popup
>> that closes if you click outside.
>>

> That could work too. The issue is visual semantics, I think. Pop-ups
> usually relate to some content popped from. But no reason to slavishly
> follow that. But maybe a full screen would do as well with an auto-close on
> action? Just thoughts.

the tiddler-info area is a popup - technically. so, a button on top in
mobile view that drops the sidebar down from above, height maybe 40% - 45%
relative to the screen-height so there's space below to see tiddlers.
I think there could be an option to choose between new window and
dropdown-style

> Best wishes
> Josiah
>
> best wishes,