thanks Josiah,

Am Dienstag, 2. Januar 2018 13:47:34 UTC+1 schrieb @TiddlyTweeter:

> BurningTreeC wrote:
>>

>> what do you think about mobile view?
>>
>>    - how could/should the interface be
>>
>> IMO better you don't see any menus till you need them

Have you seen the new sidebar in new window? there's a currently
nasty-named tab where you can edit tiddlers that are present in the story
directly in that window.

Would that be something for mobile view, too?

One could put a media query in the stylesheet and

.tc-story-river .tc-tiddler-edit-frame {
    display: none !important;
}

So if you edit tiddlers they hide in the story and only show up in the
sidebar to edit

>>    - where to put the sidebar
>>
>> One thought. A drop down at TOP when you hover into a few pixel high
> minimal line at screen top?

Yes, another way to do it. how do you hover with your fingers? something
like a slide-down thing?

Right now on smartphones in portrait mode the sidebar should be shown at
the top, like a dropdown. I'm thinking about making the sidebar a popup
that closes if you click outside.

> My thinking is that mobile usage needs to avoid over complex menus and
> concentrate on basic functions. Frankly I find the full sidebar (on desktop
> seen ALONGSIDE the river) is not really optimal for most average size
> smartphones. Much of it is overkill on a phone. The problem here is, I
> think, not just about how to get it working sweetly, its also about WHAT is
> shown.

I also think so

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/7ac7a06a-95dd-47dd-8b81-f2618f138503%40googlegroups.com.