I'm very alive on what PMario is doing. It's very, very useful.

The development of "inline markup" is of concern to me ...

1 - INLINE markup, I commented on before, that IMO we should AVOID
doubling. Having to type *@@text    bits@@ *just to get a span is very
uneconomic.
     IMO inline markup needs to be (a) the least obtrusive; (b) with the
least keystrokes.

      I far prefer °text    bits° for obvious typing a & visual readabilty
reasons

2 - On INLINE I also suggested that closure could be on SPACE very
effectively (regex: \s = space, tab or newline) so that *°textbit *could
work for items NOT explicitly closed.

3 - Point 2 *implies *that we need TWO inline markers. One for doubling
(e.g. *´ **text bits/´ *). One for solo (e.g. *°textbit*<space>)
4 - IMO we should withdraw *° *&* ´ * from block markup & replace them. And
RESERVE them for INLINE only.
We need glyphs SPECIFIC for inline to ensure minimalism in design.
Those two characters are visually excellent for that job.

I'm aware I'm giving a strong opinion to PMario as developer. I think its
good to be explicit when you can be.

I hope this is clear. Ask if it isn't.

Best wishes
TT