On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 12:46:49 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:

> Mario,
>
> So ⠪.class:param Braille 246 and Braille 2345⠞ may be an option.
>>

> I understand open and close needs to be asymmetric to see which is which.
> But the solution such as
> /glyph content glyph/  - inline
> or
> glyph content /glyphline  - para or block
>
> Still retains a degree of symmetry and is thus preferable if possible.

Inline syntax defaults to a SPAN. The inline  wikitext syntax doesn't care
about linebreaks.

So it can /° start in the middle of the line,
and *end* at the start of the line
°/ it  will create a span and show all the text in 1 line by default.

It will be possible to change that behavior with CSS, but I don't think,
that _mode=block makes sense for inline wikitext.

-m