On Saturday, 24 October 2020 13:46:22 UTC+11, PMario wrote:

> On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 12:46:49 AM UTC+2, TonyM wrote:
>>
>> Mario,
>> Inline syntax defaults to a SPAN. The inline  wikitext syntax doesn't
>> care about linebreaks.
>>

> So it can /° start in the middle of the line,
> and *end* at the start of the line
> °/ it  will create a span and show all the text in 1 line by default.

Agreed, In fact sometimes that what we want to do. Take an inline slab and
treat it differently even if it contains line breaks eg a Quote however
more often and not we choose either

   1. Mark-up with a line scope
   2. Mark-up with a paragraph scope
   3. Mark-up with a block scope
   4. And /°mark-up/° inline.

This is where I think we should choose 4 glyphs set up for these default
"treatments" although their whole meaning can be redefined this will be
their default behaviours. So If I scan you customised wiki text I can guess
the usage of custom mark-up you have not looked at the definition of.

I don't know yet, but one glyph should be unencumbered with any defaults.
And perhaps others may be used for html/buttons/macros by default.

This is all about a de facto standard that can easily be broken in fact is
some cases that may be exactly what you want to do. Wile writing consider
it a code block, when finished use half line spaced paragraphs with
justify. Just by redefining the pragma once. Reuse the same glyph, away
from its de facto standard.

I must say it is hard for me to remember which glyph, has which default
behaviour in the current setup.

Regards
Tony