On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:03, Glen Farney <[email protected]> wrote:
> The HT is new, officially selling as of this Sunday. Since I got it on > Friday, I'm guessing I may be one of the first to encounter it, though I > kind of expected older units to work similarly. I'll check the > TivoCommunity, I think I've done enough googling that if it were out there, > I'd have found it by now. I keep coming across the 1999 trick, and the same > 3 codes for Samsung AV. Am I correct in thinking that the remote doesn't > get updated in anyway, and it's simply incapable of the function without an > update ? > Yeah, the remotes aren't upgradeable - the codes they ship with are all the codes they'll ever know. Only the learning remotes can pick up new codes, since they just mimic what they're taught. If the HT is using a code not in the DB, it'll never work. -- [email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me. www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296 [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
