On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 19:55, Glen Farney <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ok, update to an old thread.  I installed the 1TB drive on my HD box, and
> the behavior did not disappear completely, but it seemed better.  Now,
> months later, I have not seen the same problem come up at all.  Perhaps
> there were some issues that got copied over or were hanging up the drive,
> but all appears well now.  The extra space on the drive is now a good
> thing,
> since I finally took the HD plunge and upgraded to an HDTV and BluRay
> player
> to go with the Tivo.
>
> The pixilation and frame stopping was a signal strength issue on certain
> channels, losing a few devices on the coax cable and replacing the
> distribution signal amp seems to have helped.
>
> Now if I could only find proper codes for the Samsung Home Theater
> Receiver.
> The 3 codes built in (1197, 1198, 1199) don't work.  I think a Glo Remote
> that can be programmed may be in my future, though I want the unit to
> control power to both TV and HT.  The Logitech Harmony 520 remote  I have
> mostly sucks.  The software doesn't even list Blu-Ray players.
>

Glad the new drive has helped - and more space is definitely nice.  Charter
finally has enough HD channels in my area that the 250GB drive in my S3 got
tight and I re-attached a 500GB eSATA drive to expand it.  Thinking about
doing an internal upgrade to clean things up a bit.

As for the remote - maybe wait for the new QWERTY TiVo remote coming out
later this year?  I understand that it is programmable.

The S3 Glo remote can be programmed to control both TV and Receiver power.
 In fact, all TiVo remotes can, even the non-programmable ones.  A little
secret - your do the TV setup to set the TV power like normal.  But then you
do it again and enter the *receiver* code, same one used for volume/mute,
and the button does both with one press.  Similar when programming it - I've
long had my peanut control my TV & receiver.

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to