On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:31, Glen Farney <[email protected]> wrote:

> I might just have to wait for it, that's just too tasty to pass up.  Sure
> wish I could find a code for the Samsung AV.  What are the chances that
> another code might work for it ?  Is there any sort of standards about
> these
> codes, or are those codes what Tivo decided to number them ?
>

It is possible for the Samsung AV to be using the same code set as some
other device, that's not really uncommon.  But the 1999 search is
exhaustive, so if you run that a couple of times with no luck them Samsung
probably created a new set.

As for the numbering - I don't know.  TiVo most likely buys off-the-shelf IR
chips with baked-in code sets, and any remote that uses that chip would use
the same numbers.  But I don't know if another chip from another vendor
would use the same number for the same code.

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to