Yup, HD box.

The 320 gig drive came preinstalled, I got the whole unit, preupgraded, from 
Weaknees.  I got the 160g drive in a box separately, I paid $50 extra to get 
the drive as a backup, just in case.  

I use WinMFS and the copy function to move all my data, including shows, to the 
new drive.  At the end of the process it asked if I wanted to expand the 
drive.  I assumed this meant that it was upsizing from the old reported 320g 
drive to the 1Tb drive.  For the most part, it seemed to work.

I wonder if my 320g upgrade drive was set up from an S3  box, and I just 
mananged to carry over the issue.
 Glen 



----- Original Message ----
> From: MegaZone <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:10:02 AM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Yet more strange stuff
> 
> Once upon a time Glen Farney shaped the electrons to say...
> > I upgraded my Tivo HD from it's already upgraded 320g drive to a new 1TB 
> > drive.  I used WinMFS and the MFSCopy and it worked flawlessly, or so I 
> > thought.
> > 
> > Using info from Weaknees, here's what I was expecting for capacity from a 
> > 1TB drive:
> > 
> > High Definition: 145 hours
> > 332 hours (Best quality)
> > 539 hours (High quality)
> > 713 hours (Medium quality)
> > 1368 hours (Basic quality)
> > 
> > Yet, here's what is reported by my Tivo
> > 
> > High Definition: 157 hours
> > 231 hours (Best quality)
> > 341 hours (High quality)
> > 539 hours (Medium quality)
> > 1367 hours (Basic quality)
> 
> You have a TiVo HD and not an S3, right?  When you did the 320GB
> upgrade you didn't use an image from an S3 or HD XL, did you?  I ask
> because the hours you report are pretty much what one of the THX
> certified units would show - the S3 or HD XL.  These units encode at a
> higher bit-rate than the base TiVo HD, and thus have lower analog
> recording capacities.  (Except Basic, that's pretty much the same.)
> 
> -MZ
> -- 
> megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/  Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
> http://www.GizmoLovers.com/ http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris
> "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 508-852-2171
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to