The AV power trick, I wish I knew that a long time ago, I've had a second 
remote by my couch position for all these years for nothing.

Now I know the trick, but there's no code that works for my AV reciever.  I've 
tried the 3 listed in the system, and the 1999 trick and ran out of codes to 
try, no joy I guess.  Anyone got codes for recent models of Samsung home 
theater systems ?  

I was wondering if the QWERTY keyboard unit was going to work with the 
older models, that would be a worthwhile upgrade, too bad it's likely to be 
a $100 item.  The Harmony remote I have doesn't seem to like the new equipment 
I have, it doesn't have those models in the data base yet, and of course it's a 
bit clunky with all the unique buttons remotes tend to have.
 Glen 



________________________________

From: MegaZone [email protected]
Glad the new drive has helped - and more space is definitely nice.  Charter
finally has enough HD channels in my area that the 250GB drive in my S3 got
tight and I re-attached a 500GB eSATA drive to expand it.  Thinking about
doing an internal upgrade to clean things up a bit.

As for the remote - maybe wait for the new QWERTY TiVo remote coming out
later this year?  I understand that it is programmable.

The S3 Glo remote can be programmed to control both TV and Receiver power.
In fact, all TiVo remotes can, even the non-programmable ones.  A little
secret - your do the TV setup to set the TV power like normal.  But then you
do it again and enter the *receiver* code, same one used for volume/mute,
and the button does both with one press.  Similar when programming it - I've
long had my peanut control my TV & receiver.

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to