On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 06:14, Glen Farney <[email protected]> wrote:

> The AV power trick, I wish I knew that a long time ago, I've had a second
> remote by my couch position for all these years for nothing.
>

Yeah, TiVo doesn't do a good job of publicizing this capability.


> Now I know the trick, but there's no code that works for my AV reciever.
> I've tried the 3 listed in the system, and the 1999 trick and ran out of
> codes to try, no joy I guess.  Anyone got codes for recent models of Samsung
> home theater systems ?
>

For those who don't know what the '1999 trick' is:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/292/kw/remote%20code%20search/r_id/100041

I'd check TiVoCommunity.com to see if anyone else has run into this issue
with your model of receiver.  If not, start a new thread.  There are some
folks there who are deep into remote code sets.


> I was wondering if the QWERTY keyboard unit was going to work with the
> older models, that would be a worthwhile upgrade, too bad it's likely to be
> a $100 item.  The Harmony remote I have doesn't seem to like the
> new equipment I have, it doesn't have those models in the data base yet, and
> of course it's a bit clunky with all the unique buttons remotes tend to
> have.
>

Apparently it will work with at least the S3 and up.  There is a USB
Bluetooth dongle that comes with the remote that you stick in the TiVo.  The
remote has IR and BT - IR for use with other devices, it uses BT with the
TiVo so you don't have to contort yourself to keep the IR emitter pointed at
the TiVo while typing on the keyboard,

-- 
[email protected] / [email protected] Geek, Gweep, Technophile, me.
www.GizmoLovers.com / www.MegaZone.org / www.Eyrie-Productions.com Hail Eris
Twitter.com/megazone / Facebook.com/megazone / www.LinkedIn.com/in/megazone
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 432-363-4296


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to