From: Jim Lubin
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] This I cant believe

Not all stem cell research is the same. I am all for stem cell research that does not involve taking (what I consider) another life to improve my life. I will not do whatever it takes to make life better. It's just like organ donation, I would not want someone killed for me to receive a transplant. Removing stem cells from an embryo kills the embryo. You are not removing stem cells from something that has already died. Since there are other sources of stem cells that do not involve the purposeful taking of a life, that research SHOULD be pursued.

Are you aware that there were 2 bills that were going through Congress? The Alternative Pluripotent Stem Cell Therapies Enhancement Act pass unanimously by the Senate but was killed by the Democrats in the House for purely political reasons (I looked up the votes). They did not want President Bush to be able to sign this one so they could claim he is against all stem cell research when he vetoed the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act. If it was such a simple right or wrong then Congress should have been easily able to gather enough votes to override the veto.

  WOW I honestly cant believe anyone of you that is paralyzed or have LOVED ones that are can say they do NOT  want stem cell research ... Babies are aborted every minute whether we agree with that at all ...It happens and will continue to happen.... No I do not believe in it but it still happens..... Babies are born every minute all this and more ways I do not even know about can be used..... PLEASE if their was any way to save my daughter I would DO ANYTHING....so no i do not understand you people that have a problem with any research that MIGHT  help you or our LOVED ONES....????????????????????

----
Jim Lubin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://makoa.org/jim
disAbility Resources: http://www.makoa.org
Please Help: Inkjet & Toner Cartridge Recycling