If you are having a sudden increase of spasms it could be Autonomic dysreflexia, also known as hyperreflexia. That could be triggered by anything from an ingrown toe nail to a urinary track infection.

see this page, What is "Autonomic Dysreflexia?"
http://www.sci-info-pages.com/ad.html

Does anyone out there know what causes the response, in some of us, known as spasms? I have had them, hard, from day one--around my abdomen. It feels as though someone is fastening me into a lace up corset where they put one foot in the middle of your back and pull as hard as they can before going on to the next set of laces.

I have no idea what has set off this particular set of spasms, but I have had them steady, day and night, without stopping for almost one month.

----
Jim Lubin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://makoa.org/jim