My 13 year old daughter just received Botox in the outside calf muscle
on her one leg. The only issue is that it relaxed the good muscles to
help the others to become strong. They have now put a cast on her leg,
from her knee down, to re-teach the muscle where it should be. It was
too tight and they couldn't get it to relax. The chance of a sprain is
very good b/c she won't have the control of her "good muscles" and the
"not so good" muscles have not completely strengthened yet. If you are
not able to be up and moving, this would probably be a good fix, but if
you are currently up and moving about, it will relax muscles that you
used to have control over, therefore, making slightly harder to get
around until the other muscles are strong.
I don't regret her having it at all. The prognosis is supposed to be
very good. I would just make sure that you all know the risks involved
before doing it. With my daughter, they actually hooked up e stem to the
needle so that they could make the muscles jump and know that they were
getting the botox into the correct muscle. She had approx 15 shots in an
area of about 10 inches high and 4 inches wide. The froze the skin with
that freezing spray before they inserted each  needle and she didn't
seem to mind any of it. She has approx 95% of her feeling back in her
legs and couldn't really feel anything during the procedure. The only
issue was that the freezing spray actually caused "frostbite" kind of
marks on her leg. By the evening her leg was burning and kind of sore
but Tylenol helped it quite a bit and she has been fine since.

Tracey L. Black
Certified Insurance Service Representative
Hockley & O'Donnell Insurance Agency
Phone - 717-334-6741, x 29
Fax - 717-334-3414

Thank you for providing information to us. Please beware that no
coverage is bound and no change to your insurance program is confirmed
until verified by a licensed agent during regular business hours. If you
do not hear from us within 1 business day, please re-contact us in case
your information has not been retained.