My MRIs and taps don't show TM either, they say my problem now is scar
tissue in the spinal column

BERNARD BUTCHER

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] New Address...please add to your address book

Hello Everyone, I have not been on line for about a month. I am so sorry
to hear the stories about the pain, numbness and other problems that
many of you are having. Hang in there it has to get better!!

Refresher:  I was diagnosed with TM from the head of Neurology at Temple
Hospital in Philadelphia at the end of Oct. 2006. I believe he felt it
was TM through process of elimination. All of the doctors there at first
felt it was an AVM. But after two angeograms the AVM was never found,
therefore TM.

PS:  My MRI and spinal tap did not show TM!!

On January 31st I had an appointment with Dr. Greenburg at Johns Hopkins
in Baltimore. As of today I do not think he believes that I have TM. He
too thinks I have an AVM and that the doctors at Temple missed
something. Since Jan. 31st his team, Neurology, Radiology,
Neuro-surgery, etc. are still reviewing my films and CDs. I was supposed
to hear from Dr. Greenburg last week. Nothing yet. But I am being
patient.

My symptoms are still the numbness from the waist down to my toes.
Paying special attention to my feet, thighs and butt. The worst is the
inability to urinate on my own. I have not gone on my own since Sept.
21st when I entered the hospital for a 6 week stay. Now I am cathing 4-5
times a day.

I am not in any pain other than the bottoms of my feet and my but when I
sit on a hard surface too long. I work out in my basement at least five
times a week. I am stronger but not better!

I don't think my friends understand that. They see that I can walk now
with a cane. Sometimes without the cane. (Short distances). They look at
me and say I look great and it is hard for me to make them understand
that I am numb from the waist down 24/7. And I am tired of explaining
it!

I hope Dr. Greenburg calls soon with some answers. Not knowing is
difficult.

Everyone take care and keep fighting!!

Mark
Marlton, New Jersey