I have multiple levels.  One at C4 to T2 the other at T10 to T12.  The T10 - T12 leison made me paralyzed from bra line down.  I went thru PT/OT and walked with a walker and was "hell on wheels" in a wheel chair.  The C4 - T2 made me a quad.  With Plasma Exchange (PLEX) and starting at square one with PT/OT after 6 months I walk with a walker but have no strength for the wheelchair.  I can walk 25 - 30 feet but need to stop and rest before going on.  I have an electric scooter for those times I need to go out and about.  The 2nd episode really zapped me of my strength, stamini and durance.  I work in burst of 10 - 15 min. before I need to rest which maybe from 20 min to hours or days depending on what I have been doing.  Shopping for groceries is usually a day and half R&R.

Candy K.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Jun 10, 2007 1:46 PM
To: natalie mizenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Transverse Myellitis
Subject: Re: RE: [TMIC] ot

This interesting.  Wonder how many of us are affected in multiple levels ???
TM hit me at L-1/L-2 and I was paralyzed from the waist down.  I learned to walk again for short distances 25-30 ft. with a cane or walker.  However, I had other symptoms above the waist and my neuro has confirmed that there are minute lesions the whole length of my spine.  None of these symptoms cause disability - they're just annoying.
All in all, I am thankful TM was caught early before severe damage occurred.
Diane in Canada