I had the same problem with trying to wean myself off of a very high dose of
Lyrica, Todd.  I thought I was going crazy (hey...maybe I was!) for an
entire week.  Now I'm taking 75mg, one in the AM and one in the PM and it
takes the edge off of the pain and makes it tolerable most all of the time.
I also take 1mg of Clonazepam every night before sleep to help with the
spasms and pain and does it ever help me sleep!!!  It is also good for
Restless Leg Syndrome which I also have.  If the pain gets too bad, I take
OTC Tylenol or Ibuprofen.  The 'band' really gets to hurting a lot around my
chest where the TM got me but the Lyrica helps with that.

Interesting about what the different providers have their patients doing
with meds.  I had been going to one (I also worked with her in my clinic)
and she had me on very high doses of Ibuprofen and Tylenol along with very
high doses of Lyrica daily.  When I went to Johns Hopkins and saw a
neurologist there, he about had an attack when I told him what I was taking!

Another good thing to do when it comes to taking a lot of meds is to utilize
your pharmacist's knowledge.  Most of them will take the time to help you
learn what will react to what and advise you on all sorts of things.

The sad thing about today's providers is that they are so darned limited to
the time they can see their patients.  They just don't have time to do the
education' that they used to so it's up to us to make sure we are
knowledgeable especially about our meds as much as we possible can.

Jeanne