Hi to All!
    When TM hit me nearly 12 years ago I was working as the CFO for a
garment center company in New York City...taking a bus the 40 miles each
way...after approx. 4 months I was able to have one of the companies
employees who lived near me in New Jersey pick me up and drive me to and
from work...at first I was only able to work 1 or 2 days a week...but
over a six month period I was working full time...and after a year I
started taking the bus by myself...I was lucky that the company I then
worked for was only one block from the bus terminal. This was the only
time I went back to using a cane due to the crowds of people in the
Times Square area where I worked. For the past 7 years I have worked in
the same capacity for a steel company which is about 3 miles from Giants
Stadium (the Meadowlands). I drive 40 miles each way from my Central New
Jersey home. I leave my house every morning at 6:30 AM and arrive back
home around 7:00....usually totally exhausted. The only reason I was
able to continue in my occupation is that I have a desk job...that is
pretty much the only reason  I was able to continue working.
    I will turn 62 in September and I am truly looking forward to
retiring in a couple of years. I am one of the lucky ones who regained
the ability to walk and drive unassisted. That being said...everything
little thing is so much more difficult to do...which is why I am always
exhausted. I do believe that working has helped me to deal with
TM...when I am busy (which is all the time) I can stop focusing on my
body and how lousy it feels 24/7.

Rob in New Jersey

PS: swimming has helped me quite a bit...especially since I started
using an underwater MP3 player...it is amazing but I feel like I can run
in the pool.....but the water must be warm!