I was and still am an Artist. My web sites are: www.mirthworkscreations.com and www.chairweaver.com . TM never put me in a wheel chair but I have recaned a few.

In Jan 2007 I stuck my foot in my mouth as started the first SeatWeaver's guild in America. March 1 I was struck with TM but was not diagnosed properly at the time. An MRI showed swelling at C4-C-5 but I had a lumpectomy the same week and my only symptom was nerve pain. I didn't get to see a neurologist until May, so the hospital was blamed for letting my head drop while under anesthesia. When the pain didn't go away, both TM and Spinal cord tumor were considered as possible causes. Cancer Was ruled out in late June but a benign tumor was still considered a possibility until another MRI in October showed the swelling had subsided and I just had a scar. The Doc said he was sorry I had not improved and then fired me as a patient "cause Any Doc could write me pain prescriptions" My family Doctor has taken the drug advice I found from you guys (thank you!) and has done an excellent job of helping me through this. She is my doctor and my friend.

I still managed to organize a meeting to found the Guild. 19 weaver's came from 7 states and Canada in July 2007 to write bylaws. We are meeting for the 3rd year in July and there are 60+ members. business is picking up for most of us. the recession has folks fixing rather than buying.

Mindy the Artist