What a wonderful letter and thank you so much for sharing this with us and
letting us get to know you.  This was very special as all of the stories
have been...  Thank you, again..Jeanne in Dayton

-------Original Message-------

From: Richard Hudson
Date: 6/6/2009 12:43:08 PM
To: Janice
Cc: tmic-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [TMIC] Occupations

Janice, this is the FIRST time I have responded on this list. I have had TM
since October 3rd 1988 (almost 21years) Since 1983 I have been employed in
the financial services industry with the same company.  I am a Certified
Financial Planner.  I help folks invest their money.  I work eight hours a
day five days a week.  I have told my wife of 34 years that of all the
functions I have lost ( sensation,walking,bladder,bowel,sexual etc. ) I
would give anything to have normal BOWEL function and to not  deal with
FATIGUE!!!
I also have a PAIN issue I call FIRE BOTTOM which I think contributes to my
fatigue. When I was paralyzed at age thirty-six I spent 2 1/2 months in the
hospital. I seriously considered suicide.  People that know me as a
FUN-LOVING GUY would never believe I would think of that as an answer.  Well
I did but I CHOSE to LIVE and almost twenty-one years later I am GLAD of
that decision.  My wife and I have raised our only child, a son, who was two
and a half years old at the time. We had planned to have a second child but
TM took away that option. As we know this is an EXTREMELY difficult disease
to deal with and a HUGE LIFE- CHANGER.  When I was going through this I
failed to realize the impact on the Care-Giver(My Wife).  I did not treat
her well!  I was focused only on my issues. Looking back over these past
twenty-one years there have been some EXTREMELY TOUGH TIMES but also some
GREAT TIMES! I thank GOD daily that my wife CHOSE to stay with her husband
which required TREMENDOUS change on her part .I remember in rehab the
statistics on spouses sticking around after a spinal injury or illness and
the statistics were not favorable. My room-mates wife divorced him while he
was going through rehab. My wife may not agree but I believe WE  are closer
now than before the illness. This might sound corny but if the Lord allows
me to see the SUNRISE today I will do the BEST I CAN TODAY. MOST DAYS I FAIL
miserably but I tell myself I will try to do better tomorrow. I admire ALL
of us in this group who FIGHT DAILY and DO NOT GIVE UP! Janice, after my
LONG-WINDED reply I bet you are SORRY you asked the question. I am glad you
did. TAKE CARE!!!