  From: Deb Monteleone
  To: 'Gillian Clark' ; 'TM list'
  Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:37 AM
  Subject: RE: [TMIC] RE Pins and Needles

  Hi,

  I loved your sentence on shoes.  I have done the same thing, able to return a
lot, thank god.  It’s even worse with socks, I think I tried every kind of
sock, finally gave up, haven’t worn socks for 3 years.  Just recently I tried a
pair of good silk socks, depending on the day I can handle them for an hour or
so.

  The shoes I found best for me are the Easy Spirit Travel time line.  I must
have 12-15 pairs in different colors and materials (on top outside of shoe), at
least it gives some variety.  They are also slip-ons (clogs) so I can take them
off as soon as I sit.

  I can only wear one kind of pants, all cotton knit, so of course I have many
colors of same pants.  I feel kind of funny wearing the same pants to work all
the time.  The winters are hell as these pants are not thick or warm.  At least
I have free rein when it comes to tops.  So not all is bad, got to keep this
positive attitude otherwise don’t know what would happen.

  I started taking Ampyra and it really has improved the speed of my walking.
At first it killed me because it seemed to increase my needles, burning, etc.
Since its purpose is to increase nerve conductivity it kind of made sense.  It
hurt too much so I cut the dose in half as my neurologist said he would like me
to stick it out if I could.  After a month or so, I went back to full dosage
because my walking seemed to be improving.  The pain slightly more than normal
but that has reversed and I believe the pain is slightly less.  My New Year’s
resolution is to reduce baclofen/Neurontin from 4x a day to 3x a day.  I am
also trying to eat healthy.  I feel better when I do.

  This video from a doctor who got TM really inspired me.  I had already seen a
nutritionist and started to lose some weight and this video is similar to what
I’ve already started.  It is amazing how this woman healed with mostly diet
changes that effect mitochondria.

  Minding Your Mitochondria is the link below to this Doctors amazing journey
with MS.

  http://youtu.be/KLjgBLwH3Wc

  Make it a great day,

  Deb