Hi Janet,

For myself, I always do much better in the hotter weather. the cold makes my
nerves seize up and I suffer much more pain. I have much less pain and can
move around so much easier in the warm weather. I think I could even do very
well in a place like Arizona or Texas if I didn't like Sonoma County,
California so much. My kids are real avid snowboarders, but I have
absolutely no desire to go to the snow in the winter.

As for the spasms.one thought. did you wean off the Lyrica or stop
cold-turkey? I know there are some drugs you shouldn't stop taking abruptly.
I take gabapentin for my nerves and it seems to work sufficiently for me to
function without actual spasms, as long as I take it religiously every six
hours. By the time the six hours is up, I can definitely feel the need for
another dose, but this timetable lets me function relatively well. I've
pondered trying other drugs in place of the gabapentin, but am fearful of
something not working and experiencing somewhat of a set-back - basically,
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I also take hydrocodone for pain in
conjunction with the gabapentin.

I hope you find some relief from your spasms. they can surely make life all
the more difficult!

Betty

(in Northern California)

  _____