RichardLittlewood;537662 Wrote:
> Hey, you're not alone.I've got a big library of 250 Gbytes, and had
> numerous issues getting my new Squeezebox touch to work properly.
>
> My main problem was that when scanning for files, after about 4 hours
> of scanning the HDD, some time after starting to scan album art, the
> squeezebox stops with an error "music server stopped due to a problem".
> I tried 4 different models of USB HDD (including a powered one) and I
> bought a USB powered hub in case the unpowered USB HDDs couldn't supply
> sufficient current without luck.
>
> Some issues I had along the way included:
> 1) USB connection dropped repeatedly.
> 2) When I navigate to a file and try to play it I get an error "Problem
> can not open file for:"
> 3) GUI freezes or is unuseably slow
> 4) Server needs restarting
> 5) Impossible to browse by tags because every time you enter a menu
> such as "Artists" It takes forever to populate the entries. That would
> be OK if it remembered them, but as soon as you exit that menu and
> re-enter it does the same thing again.
> 6) Squeezebox hangs saying it is scanning but it's not, the HDD isn't
> even spinning.
>
> Eventually after several scans, wipe and rescans and factory resets, I
> got it to scan everything although albumart is missing (which was
> working at one point), I can't log into the squeezebox server (which
> was working) and the device is permanently scanning for new files
> (which I guess is making the GUI so slow).Wouldn't it make more sense
> to be able to manually control the file scanning and choose the
> directories. I have other stuff on my HDD I don't want scanned.
>
> I also tried to point the picture viewer at a picasa album embedded URL
> and that failed too.
>
> So, I'm very unimpressed so far but I haven't given up yet.

Hi,
I'm having the same problems as you...
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77600
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=77156

I still can't find a solution. Even the Logitech support couldn't give
me a good answer to my problems. I think we can forget using the touch
as a stand alone player for USB HD's containing big music collections

--
perro6969