mortslim;563721 Wrote:
> Here is what the poster “firedog” who has done a lot of criticizing of
> my consumer protection efforts here on the slim forums had to say on a
> different website’s forum:
>
> "So HDTracks got duped. Doesn't really bother me, except that I think
> they should notify everyone who downloaded the tracks in question (they
> have acc't info on record) and offer a partial refund or credit towards
> next purchase.
>
> To simply take the tracks off the site and expect visitors to a)notice;
> and b)then ask for a refund, is unrealistic. Simply  a way for them to
> get away without compensating the customers."
>
> http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=81861.0
>
> I guess “firedog” is a closet fan of mine after all !
>
> And the scandal grows and grows !!!
No, I'm not a fan, and I'd appreciate it if you'd not put words in my
mouth.

I still think the evidence on the thread shows that most of your long
winded posts were based on incorrect technical and legal assumptions on
your part, brought about by a)ignorance; and b)jumping to conclusions
without checking facts.

The fact that HD Tracks got duped has no relevance to most of the
material you have written on the thread. And as they claimed from the
start, they won't knowingly place uploaded material on their site.

My above criticism of them regarding refunds still stands. That's a
separate issue. I just don't like the corporate practice of "refunding"
money or "rebates" b/c we all know it is a way not to actually refund
anything in many cases. Long experience shows that such a system
results in a very low payout.

--
firedog

Tranquil PC fanless WHS server running SqueezeServer; SB Touch slaved to
Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-150 amp, MF V DAC3, Devore Gibbon Super 8
Speakers; Mirage MS-12 sub; Dual 506 + Ortofon 20 (occasional use);
sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in second
room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a very
good player.