My take is that I HAVE been able to hear differences in power cords, and
I have been able to measure something which seems to have a decent
correlation to those subjective observations (transformer ringing).
What I have NOT been able to do is find any decent correlation with the
price of said cords.

In my own system I have properly damped all my transformers so the
ringing doesn't happen at all. In this situation I have not been able
to hear any differences in power cables, so I use cheap ones on
everything.

I personally prefer figuring out ways to completely eliminate something
from the equations rather trying to figure out how to optimize it. Its
usually ultimately a lot cheaper, although not nearly as much fun as
"the quest for the ultimate power cord" or whatever.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson