You've fallen into the argument abyss of the engineering/analytical
types vs the subjectivists. There's no common ground for discussion,
it's pointless.

People who calculate and analyze often cannot accept that a measurement
or theoretical difference doesn't translate into a perception
difference. People from the subjective camp don't care about
theoretical or measurement differences, they assess with their ears.
Much has been studied about how the various psychological and
perception anomalies in brain function can contribute to perceived
apparent "differences" or "effects" when none actually exist.

Personally, I'm from the second group, but I'm happy for the gearheads
to keep the economy moving with large expenditures for things I find
unnecessary. It's otherwise harmless.

There's room for everyone, so long as you don't try to convert people
from the other side.

--
Goodsounds