I don't have my Touch in front of me to check, but I expect the Touch's
version of busybox includes the 'date' command. If so, then you could
ssh into the Touch and set the internal clock that way.

Adding a date and time setting to the Touch ui probably wouldn't be
that onerous, and may be a good candidate for a (3rd party) applet. I
imagine that the decision to omit it was based on an assumption that
most users of a network music player would have an external server or
at least a working internet connection to reach mysb.com for time
checks. Or some other way to tell the time. You may be looking at a
corner case.

I agree that losing 4 minutes in 2 weeks is a lot for an electronic
device. I am annoyed that our new kitchen range (which cost 10x the
Touch) loses 3 minutes a week. But like the Touch, I think it's great
for its primary purpose (cooking).

--
aubuti