aubuti;628711 Wrote:
> I don't have my Touch in front of me to check, but I expect the Touch's
> version of busybox includes the 'date' command. If so, then you could
> ssh into the Touch and set the internal clock that way.
>
> Adding a date and time setting to the Touch ui probably wouldn't be
> that onerous, and may be a good candidate for a (3rd party) applet. I
> imagine that the decision to omit it was based on an assumption that
> most users of a network music player would have an external server or
> at least a working internet connection to reach mysb.com for time
> checks. Or some other way to tell the time. You may be looking at a
> corner case.
>
> I agree that losing 4 minutes in 2 weeks is a lot for an electronic
> device. I am annoyed that our new kitchen range (which cost 10x the
> Touch) loses 3 minutes a week. But like the Touch, I think it's great
> for its primary purpose.

No, this is a mere basic function.
Especially for a device with an alarm function.
Nothing to do with 3rd party applet, or ssh connect, or anything like
that.
This would be the "geek" way.
By the way, how would you access ssh commands with Touch + USB stick
and nothing else, no PC ???

When I want to set time in Windows 7, I don't download a 3rd party
applet.
I have an electronic weather station with alarm.
It automatically get its time from a radio connection, but if I want to
set time manually, I don't use ssh or a 3rd party applet ...
Let's be serious, please ...

Sorry for your kitchen alarm.
I have a toy watch I bought from a kid, for less than one dollar, on a
boat in western africa.
It doesn't lose 30 seconds in a month ...

aubuti;628711 Wrote:
> EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you _did_ have access
> to mysb.com during the two weeks, indicating that the Touch's OS never
> checked mysb.com for the time, or at least not during the latter part
> of the two weeks. That sounds like a bug to me.

Actually I did not really accessed directly mysqueezebox.com

I just used favourites in TinySBS, which includes mysqueezebox.com
favourites.

--
nicolas75