calibrating the sound against foobar2000 with jplay kernel output vs the
edo mods + tt3.0 +sbgk (both using mf vlink 192) I think you need to
have the bass of 0.5 and the detail of 0.6.

You could have something really special here, but as you cannot here any
difference between 0.6 and 0.7 or the effect that large buffers have I
don't think you are going to be able to progress.

Anyway, thanks for switching me to the mf vlink 192, I can power it with
the 5v linear supply I bought for the touch and get audiophile
performance with foobar2000 and jplay.