pippin wrote:

> Both Apps have all the functionality of the Logitech App or the
> Squeezebox iteself plus some features of their own which you don't get
> on any other controller.

Ipeng is suffering from some very bad programming which can be
experienced as "appear to be dead" while waiting for server response.
All too often iPeng seems totally dead and does nothing no matter what
you click or do. It can remain dormant for up to 30 seconds or even a
minute while a busy LMS server is working, during which time it is
completely unresponsive to any user input even if you attemtp to break
out and cancel. Often when you launch iPeng it fails to remember which
player it was last connected to and seems to pick one by random. This
all too often result in playback somewhere else than intended (another
room or even at home when I'm in the office).
I have never had this experience with SqueezePad. Also, SqueezePad shows
a clean and intuitive playlist view which is easily editable. I can add
and remove songs individually. The SqueezePad display the album list and
artist list almost instantly while iPeng uses a lot of time to do this,
during which it is totally unresponsive (dormant, dead).

I guess the only good thing I can say about the Ipeng is that the iPhone
version gives you local playback if you pay extra. But then again, so
does SqueezeCast - and it is free!

So, my advice; definitely SqueezePad! (untill iPeng can be designed
using concurrent multi-threaded code).

Rgds
Viking