oyvindo wrote:
> Ipeng is suffering from some very bad programming which can be
> experienced as "appear to be dead" while waiting for server response.
> All too often iPeng seems totally dead and does nothing no matter what
> you click or do. It can remain dormant for up to 30 seconds or even a
> minute while a busy LMS server is working, during which time it is
> completely unresponsive to any user input even if you attemtp to break
> out and cancel. Often when you launch iPeng it fails to remember which
> player it was last connected to and seems to pick one by random. This
> all too often result in playback somewhere else than intended (another
> room or even at home when I'm in the office).
> I have never had this experience with SqueezePad. Also, SqueezePad shows
> a clean and intuitive playlist view which is easily editable. I can add
> and remove songs individually. The SqueezePad display the album list and
> artist list almost instantly while iPeng uses a lot of time to do this,
> during which it is totally unresponsive (dormant, dead).
>
> I guess the only good thing I can say about the Ipeng is that the iPhone
> version gives you local playback if you pay extra. But then again, so
> does SqueezeCast - and it is free!
>
> So, my advice; definitely SqueezePad! (untill iPeng can be designed
> using concurrent multi-threaded code).
>
> Rgds
> Viking

hmmm, I'm a longtime ipeng user (iphone and ipad) and I also use
SqueezePad.  I like all 3. I've never seen the problems you mention
regarding iPeng. And I use iPeng (iphone and ipad versions) in two
different homes, both with LMS servers. So I'm often switching back and
forth between servers and it has always been automatic.