solarrdadd wrote:
> I have no gain or volume control between the DAC & Amp. That's why I'm
> asking if I use the volume control on the SBT will it impact the
> resolution of the music at all by not having the volume on the SBT at
> 100%---does that make more sense?
>
> If I left the volume at or near 100% on the SBT it would blow my head
> up!  I've got 4 ohm towers connected to a 300 wpc continuous amp my ears
> would ring for days!
>
> I just am wondering that since I'm using the EDO App if lowering the
> volume from 100% causes degradation to my Hi-Rez audio files.  My music
> ranges from 96/24 to 192/24

I'm also running 4 ohm speakers with a 230 WPC amp but I have the
ability to set the input level on the amp. The other option for you is
to use line attenuators to get a reasonable level match. That would
allow you to run SBT in the upper range of its volume. Running the SBT
at levels over 70 should have no impact on your music.