Most Developers go for the convenience like the "I have to use Adobe" world of Content Creators. When it comes to Games, they use middleware that have re-licensing restrictions and in a lot of cases, making non-free software free is just as hard as legally making a non-free fork of GPL Code, you need the consent of everybody that ever contributed to your source code because you didn't add a "it's not your code, it's mine and I just pay you to improve it" clause in the contract. There's no middleware for developers that's convenient, exports to evil Consoles and can be re-licensed however the license wants to. I like what Id Software used to do, they made their engines libre but if a developer wanted to make it non-free, said developer would have to pay Id Software for their branch that can be re-licensed however the licensee pleases.

I think said middleware that's like unity would be a great idea for a non-profit lobbying organization. Even RMS has likes the idea of libre software with paid exceptions better than BSD licensed software.

All that said, I am looking forward to OpenMW and I'm glad Morrowind is on gog.com . You can play one of the best games ever made using a completely free software stack. That's no more unethical than buying a non-free Flac song on Bandcamp. "Nonfree game programs (like other nonfree programs) are unethical because they deny freedom to their users. (Game art is a different issue, because it isn't software.) If you want freedom, one requisite for it is not having or running nonfree programs on your computer. That much is clear."-RMS

Now, I don't have a complete free software stack, but I would like to try it as an experiment. I want to buy that dual AMD Quad Core Opteron Motherboard, install Coreboot and get the GPU that performs the best on a free software stack and see what I can do with it. Though I do wish a newer Xeon Motherboard was Coreboot compatible, AMD CPUs aren't very good and it uses a lot of juice for the performance it has :/