1. Your not following what I'm saying. If you waste time trying to get people to understand your view point who aren't listening you might as well be talking to a brick wall. It's better to spend time addressing the problems which are holding people back from being able (due to lack of competency with technology) to adopt a 100% free software operating system. There are more people who will listen and get it- but not be able to figure it out.

2. We ship with whatever operating system a user chooses. Our main goal is to get people off of hardware dependent on proprietary software. Long term I think we'll see more Trisquel users as a result. I'm pretty confident we already have more Trisquel users today than ever before because of the work we've done at making it easier to adopt/market/etc.

What you don't want to do is put non-tech savvy users in front of Trisquel as there first distribution. Particularly not without a lot of one-on-one hand-holding. It won't work to there advantage. It'll be off-putting and they will get the idea "GNU/Linux is hard" and that it's not adoptable by non-tech savvy users. If you put them in front of a distribution that isn't 100% free there is a high chance it'll work for about 50-80% of the population today. From there people will adopt Trisquel and they will have an easier time doing so because there is less to figure out compared to any 100% proprietary system. If they fail at it at this point they'll still be better off because they'll only likely be returning to something that isn't 100% proprietary (be it Linux Mint, Debian, Ubuntu, or some other distribution which includes some proprietary components).

To get my point across how many people here went from a completely proprietary operating system to a 100% free one? I bet there isn't a single user that didn't first adopt a distribution which contained some proprietary software.

The next question I have is how many people here went from a computer with non-free BIOS to one with a free BIOS and no other non-free software? The answer to this question is likely zero.

Everything is a processes and we should focus on what can be done to move things forward. Not waste time talking to a brick wall. If your talking to people who are listening- that's not wasting time.