David Miller wrote:
> I think observing passover and the feast of unleavened bread is wonderful.
> Paul, being a Jew, kept these feasts and taught their application to the
> believer.  I have been in Israel during Passover and the feast of unleavened
> bread, and the imagery is fantastic when you have all these hotel owners and
> restaurant owners washing all their things outside, getting rid of every bit
> of leaven.  People meticulously vacuum their cars to make sure every bit of
> leaven is gone.  When a person understands how this leaven represents sin,
> to see all the industry given to making sure the leaven is all gone, how
> clear it becomes that we must put away every speck of sin that might be
> residing somewhere in our lives.

You have eyes to see this.  To me, God's holy days make sense.  Man's counterfeit holidays are empty.  --Marlin

> I have Jewish friends who are not Christian.  During Passover and the feast
> I was visiting one of these friends in Israel.  I asked him if he knew why
> the Scriptures told them to get rid of the leaven.  Did he know why they
> were doing all this.  He said no, only that the Torah says to do it.  You
> should have seen his eyes widen when I explained how our Christian
> perspective is that the leaven represents sin, and therefore, when we come
> to Christ who is the true passover lamb, we must immediately put forth all
> the leaven (sin) in our lives and enter into his rest.  He has lived in this
> culture his whole life and never heard that.  In my culture, people don't
> understand what it takes to get rid of all the leaven in the household.
> Bringing these cultures together is wonderful I think.

You have eyes to see this.  But, how can you enter into His rest without keeping the seventh day holy?  Sin is the transgression of the law.  Unleavened Bread represents sin during those days.  The flat bread of sincerity and truth shows that we are not to be all puffed up in our own conceit, but humble.  So how can we spiritualize away the holy Sabbaths of God with the ideas of men and try to say that the Sabbaths are every day?  When do we labor and do all of our work on the six days?  How can we remember a day that is spiritualized into being every day?  And worse of all, pick the day of Sun worshippers to keep holy in fellowship? --Marlin

> The article said:
> > Paul carries his instruction even further, showing that
> > we have to keep the Sabbath or lose salvation.
> > "For he that is entered into His rest [keeping the Sabbath],
> > He also has ceased from his own works, as God did
> > from His [when He created the Sabbath day]"
>
> Do you believe this Marlin, that if we don't literally observe Saturday that
> we will lose salvation?

Jesus, and most likely, Paul, answer this question in these two verses:
JOHN 9:41    Jesus said unto them, {If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but
            now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.}
HEB 10:26   For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of
            the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

> Do you not recognize that the author of Hebrews was talking about a rest
> other than Saturday observance?  Surely you are not blind to this spiritual
> insight.

The author of Hebrews, inspired by the Holy Spirit, was using Sabbath keeping, which was being kept by the Hebrews, to show the substance of other truths.  The author was referencing Psalm 95, especially verses 7,8, and 11, a song which is all about the meaning of the Sabbaths, Gen 2:2, and Numbers 14.

1) to show that we should not be as those who came out of the bondage of Egypt and did not enter into the promised land because of unbelief.

2) to show in Heb 4:11, that we believers should "LABOR" (work) "to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."

3) To show, using the Sabbaths, that there is a rest that "remaineth" to the people of God.  (Heb 4:9).  I believe these to be the promises of eternal life and the millennial reign of Christ on the earth.  (The meek shall inherit the earth.)  Heb 4:11 shows that the rest has not yet come to pass for the people of God.

4) To show that the WORD of God is judging the intents of our hearts TODAY.  (Heb 4:12-13)

NUM 14:22   Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles,
            which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now
            these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
NUM 14:23   Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their
            fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
NUM 14:29   Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were
            numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years
            old and upward, which have murmured against me,
NUM 14:31   But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I
            bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.

GEN 2:2     And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he
            rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
GEN 2:3     And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in
            it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

PSA 95:1    O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to
            the rock of our salvation.
PSA 95:2    Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a
            joyful noise unto him with psalms.
PSA 95:3    For the LORD [is] a great God, and a great King above all gods.
PSA 95:4    In his hand [are] the deep places of the earth: the strength of the
            hills [is] his also.
PSA 95:5    The sea [is] his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry
            [land].
PSA 95:6    O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD
            our maker.
PSA 95:7    For he [is] our God; and we [are] the people of his pasture, and
            the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
PSA 95:8    Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, [and] as [in] the day
            of temptation in the wilderness:
PSA 95:9    When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
PSA 95:10   Forty years long was I grieved with [this] generation, and said, It
            [is] a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known
            my ways:
PSA 95:11   Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my
            rest.
HEB 4:12    For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any
            twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and
            spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the
            thoughts and intents of the heart.
HEB 4:13    Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight:
            but all things [are] naked and opened unto the eyes of him with
            whom we have to do.