My answer to all this mixing of works and salvation is John 3:16.  Salvation by grace through faith plus nothing minus nothing.  John 3:16.  Of course I have heard this explained away on TT.  Much talk about salvation by grace, but when all the posting is said and done, it is not what is believed.  Between the lines there is a mixture of works, Saturday worship requirements, baptism, etc., required in order to get to heaven.

To deny this is to deny Protestantism. To deny this one should go join the Roman Catholics, Church of Christ, Jesus Only Pentecostals, Jehovah Witnesses, or Mormons.  They're all the same when it comes to a mixture of salvation with works.

  What I like about Pentecostals is they believe God can do anything.  What is sick about Pentecostals is their mixing of tongues, works, and salvation.  It is relatively easy to get a Roman Catholic converted to Church of Christ because they don't understand salvation by grace through faith plus nothing minus nothing.
Poor old DaveL will never understand what mainline Christians believe if he tries to find out on TT.  TT is kind of like a cult discussion group.  Nothing wrong with that, but DaveL seldom hears what real Christians believe.

David, you have a blind spot.  NO ONE, THAT'S NO ONE.  One more time, I have never met a Pastor (no one), and I have met thousands, who teach "sin in Jesus".  David, quit teaching Pastors teach that.  You are falsely accusing the brethren.  This is sin.  Now, that is not to say there are not hypocrites.

2 John is the Scripture religious groups use falsely use to make others believe their doctrine or you are not a Christian.

TT is kind of like a cult discussion group.  That is fine as to purpose, but there is very little if any Christian discussion.

Here is what I believe about the doctrine of Christ.  The doctrine concerns the doctrine of the PERSON OF JESUS CHRIST.
2 John - Chapter 1 - Verse 9 - The New John Gill Exposition of the Entire Bible on SearchGodsWord.org

Here is what you (it seems), Romans Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, Church of Christ teach.  This is a Church of Christ commentary.  Notice the doctrine of Christ is only their understanding of the Bible.  This is not the doctrine of Christ as I understand it.

2 John - Chapter 1 - Coffman's Commentary of the New Testament on SearchGodsWord.org

"we are saved by faith alone, plus nothing, minus
nothing."