Dean Moore
Fear God and keep His commandments/ trust Jesus

Dean writes:
David there are many words used to describe a Christian but the word I will
be using is in example 3-anything else is a worldly example of what a
believer is. Do you agree?And by this definition Mormons are not
Christians- as is no one who does not follow His (Christ) teachings. In
short we are to do what Jesus said-once confirmed.

CHRISTIAN, n.

1. A believer in the religion of Christ.

2. A professor of his belief in the religion of Christ.

3. A real disciple of Christ; one who believes in the truth of the
Christian religion, and studies to follow the example, and obey the
precepts, of Christ; a believer in Christ who is characterized by real
piety.

4. In a general sense, the word Christians includes all who are born in a
Christian country or of Christian parents.

CHRISTIAN, a. [See the Noun.]

1. Pertaining to Christ, taught by him, or received from him; as the
Christian religion; Christian doctrines.

2. Professing the religion of Christ; as a Christian friend.

3. Belonging to the religion of Christ; relating to Christ, or to his
doctrines, precepts and example; as christian profession and practice.

4. Pertaining to the church; ecclesiastical; as courts Christian.

CHRISTIAN, v.t. To baptize.

> Dean wrote:
> > Define the word "Grace" please?
>
> Any favor or goodwill shown to us by God.

Dean writes:
David I believe as all Wesleyan should-that the grace of God can be
resisted and to that end I define grace as God's giving mercy by applying
that mercy to repentant sinners- how can mercy be imparted if the wrath of
God abides on one who teaches another gospel?

GRACE, n. [L. gratia, which is formed on the Celtic; Eng. agree, congruous,
and ready. The primary sense of gratus, is free, ready, quick, willing,
prompt, from advancing.]

1. Favor; good will; kindness; disposition to oblige another; as a grant
made as an act of grace.

Or each, or all, may win a lady's grace.

2. Appropriately, the free unmerited love and favor of God, the spring and
source of all the benefits men receive from him.

And if by grace,then it is no more of works. Rom 11.

3. Favorable influence of God; divine influence or the influence of the
spirit, in renewing the heart and restraining from sin.

My grace is sufficient for thee. 2 Cor 12.

4. The application of Christ's righteousness to the sinner.

Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound. Rom 5.

5. A state of reconciliation to God. Rom 5:2.

6. Virtuous or religious affection or disposition, as a liberal
disposition, faith, meekness, humility, patience, &c. proceeding from
divine influence.

7. Spiritual instruction, improvement and edification. Eph 4:29.

8. Apostleship, or the qualifications of an apostle. Eph 3:8.

9. Eternal life; final salvation. 1 Pet 1:13.

10. Favor; mercy; pardon.

Bow and sue for grace

With suppliant knee.

11. Favor conferred.

I should therefore esteem it a great favor and grace.

12. Privilege.

To few great Jupiter imparts this grace.

13. That in manner, deportment or language which renders it appropriate and
agreeable; suitableness; elegance with appropriate dignity. We say, a
speaker delivers his address with grace; a man performs his part with grace.

Grace was in all her steps.

Her purple habit sits with such a grace

On her smooth shoulders.

14. Natural or acquired excellence; any endowment that recommends the
possessor to others; as the graces of wit and learning.

15. Beauty; embellishment; in general, whatever adorns and recommends to
favor; sometimes, a single beauty.

I pass their form and every charming grace.

16. Beauty deified; among pagans, a goddess. The graces were three in
number, Aglaia, Thalia, and Euphrosyne, the constant attendants of Venus.

The loves delighted, and the graces played.

17. Virtue physical; as the grace of plants. [Not used.]

18. The title of a duke or an archbishop, and formerly of the king of
England, meaning your goodness or clemency. His Grace the Duke of York.
Your Grace will please to accept my thanks.

19. A short prayer before or after meat; a blessing asked, or thanks
rendered.

20. In music, graces signifies turns, trills and shakes introduced for
embellishment.

Day in grace, in theology, time of probation, when an offer is made to
sinners.

Days in grace, in commerce, the days immediately following the day when a
bill or note becomes due, which days are allowed to the debtor or payor to
make payment in. In Great Britain and the United States the days of grace
are three, but in other countries more; the usages of merchants being
different.

GRACE, v.t. To adorn; to decorate; to embellish and dignify.

Great Jove and Phoebus graced his noble line.

And hail, ye fair, of every charm possess'd,

Who grace this rising empire of the west.

1. To dignify or raise by act of favor; to honor.

He might at his pleasure grace or disgrace whom

he would in court.

2. To favor; to honor.

3. To supply with heavenly grace.