Judy: (see below)  No it wouldnt...
More accurately this would be the ministry of the Holy Spirit TO
the unbeliever because when they hear the Word He convicts them
of sin, their lack of righteousness, and the judgment to come which
was what Paul spoke about to Felix in Acts 24:25 until he trembled
but still he put off making a decision.  The world can not receive
the Holy Spirit (John 14:17) and so He does not work IN or through
them until they make this committment to Christ (the real one) as
Lord and Savior since ONLY those who call on the Name of the Lord
are delivered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David Miller wrote:
Jesus clearly taught a specific work of the Holy Spirit in the life
of the unbeliever.  It deserves our attention.  Consider the following
passage:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go
away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you;
but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come,
he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of
judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness,
because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment,
because the prince of this world is judged. (John 16:7-11 KJV)

Dean wrote:
And wasn't Jesus speaking to the Apostles?
DavidM:
Yes, he was speaking to the Apostles about the work of the Holy
Spirit in UNBELIEVERS.  The passage says, "BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE
NOT ON ME."  So would this not also include unbelieving
Mormons?