David Miller wrote:
>> All men will be judged for their works, but those who
>> are found in Christ have been pardoned for their past
>> sins.  Therefore, the judgment of their works is to examine
>> the fruit of their ministry and to give rewards and crowns
>> for what they have done.

DAVEH:
> So.....if I am understanding you correctly, there will
> be a double standard.  You apparently believe those saved
> will be judged differently than those not saved.....correct?

No, the judgment is the same, based upon works, but the past crimes of
the believer is brought against him in regards to criminal charges.  The
pardon of God in this case is no more a double standard than it would be
a double standard in our own legal system to have a way of granting
pardons.

The thing that a lot of Christians seem to miss is that both believers
and unbelievers will be judged for their works.  I preach to Christians
all the time who retort that God will not judge them for their works
because of Jesus Christ.  They think they can get drunk on the weekends
and fornicate, and God accepts them just as they are because of the
vicarious atonement provided by Jesus Christ.  My response to them is
that they are deceived.  All men will be resurrected and all men will
come before Jesus Christ and be judged for what they have done.  The
only difference for the believer is if he has repented of his sins and
has been set free of his sins.  Such a believer will not have criminal
charges brought against him based upon his past sins.  Those have been
pardoned.  Nevertheless, the fruit of his works will be examined just as
they are for the sinner, but the reason is not to show his condemnation
because the works of the believer are of Christ and therefore righteous.
Why then examine them?  To see how they brought forth good fruit unto
the kingdom of God.

David Miller wrote:
>> Nevertheless, any "Christian" found to be a fornicator,
>> homosexual, thief, murderer, extortioner, or covetous,
>> etc. will be judged as other sinners are judged.

DAVEH:
> ???  Even if they are saved they will suffer the wrath
> of the Lord?

No, these would be Christians who are damned to eternal damnation.
These are the hypocrites, the religious "Pharisees and scribes" of our
day who continue in sin while at the same time profess faith in Christ.

DaveH wrote:
> IF their sins are forgiven as evidenced by their
> salvation, then why would they not be exempt?

Evidence of their salvation would be keeping the commandments of Jesus
Christ.  Therefore, "Christians" who are homosexuals, thieves,
murderers, extortioners, or covetous are not saved.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?
BE NOT DECEIVED: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor
effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor
covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit
the kingdom of God."  (1 Corinthians 6:9-10 KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.