On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:37:26 -0400 "Hughes Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Judith, You are correct in that we need to remember balance and context.  Let me lay it out for you.  Jeff was the one who quoted John 1.1 and set up the direct comparison of Jesus = Torah.

Jeff:  "In the beginninjg was the WORD,, and the WORD was with God and the WORD was God."    The WORD my friend is BOTH Yeshua and TORAH. To obey Messiah completely is to be obedient to the Torah of God! NOW, THAT IS THE BIBLICAL VIEW!!

Judyt: No Jonathan, Jeff said exactly what he wrote above. You are the one who tried to divide by saying that one is a person and the other Logos.  When Jeff uses the word Torah I know what he means, no need to strain at a gnat here.

You then defended his interpretation.

Judyt: I agreed with what Jeff wrote in this instance which is that John 1:1 speaks of Jesus and Jesus of Nazareth is also the Word of God. What Jeff calls Torah is also the Word of God - so what's your problem?

Jonathan:  I would suggest that defining Logos as Torah would be incorrect.

jt: Why? The Word of God is the Word of God, given by inspiration of God (by the Holy Spirit) and no word of prophecy is for private interpretation. (2 Peter 1:20,21)

Now that you have been proven wrong beyond a shadow of doubt that Torah (law) does not equal Logos (Person of Jesus Christ) you hedge your bets and say that using John 1.1 to illustrate this makes no sense at all.  Doubleminded Judy. Jonathan Hughes

Judyt: There's that old "accuser" again - he's never far away, huh Jonathan?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Judy Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 10:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] What is sin?

John, last time I checked it was the Holy Spirit who reveals God's Word, it's not Greek logic even though
God always makes sense.  Do you find the word Torah anywhere in your Bible?  It's not in my KJV, nor
is it in my Strongs Concordance.  I understand it to be a word that comes from Jewish tradition which is
fine.  When Slade and Jeff use it I know what they are talking about.  However insisting on this kind of
a test using John 1:1 makes no sense at all.  We need to remember balance and context...